Thursday, December 29, 2011

Post Larison Family Holiday Trip

Mark and I just got home last evening from our 10 day trip on the Fab5 Christmas trip. We had a awesome time visiting countries we thought we would never see. We found that Cambodia was our favorite country and Thailand (the part we visited anyway) was our least favorite spot. We took about 1,000 pictures so I will try to post some of the most interesting ones. I was hoping to blog along the way but finding the Internet was a challenge. (We were also sight seeing morning till night) I also tried to get the kids to volunteer to be a guest blogger during the trip but I did not have one volunteer for that assignment. We visited some impoverished areas and found the people still to be happy and enjoying life as they know it. Americans...we are truly spoiled people. It has been interesting to hear and see how the Vietnam War has affected these countries and seem to be still recovering. These countries seem to be so far behind the Western ways...central Cambodia has just a few paved roads and they were gifts from other countries. It was information like that we received that made the trip so interesting etc.

So it looks like I have a major homework assignment coming up and I will try to give you a look at these interesting countries. Going into 4 countries in 10 days was an ambitious goal but we enjoyed every minutes of it. Travel...you gotta love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment