Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Heart to Heart

Today I went to the Shanghai Yodak CardioThoracic Hospital to join another volunteer group. This is the same charity that my knitting group is associated with, but this group does more then knitting, but is mostly work around the bears that are sold to raise money to bring children into Shanghai that need heart surgery. Today I joined some women sewing buttons on the cute little outfits that others had knitted for the bears. I'll have to bring my camera in sometime...the bears are so cute and all very unique.

Last week was a slow week around here. I had some major back issues and so spent most of the week lying down on a heating pad and looking for drugs. I was praying that it would resolve itself and no doctor visits would be needed. Next time I may go in for some drugs as Ibuprofen just wasn't cutting it. I missed my knitting group time so my slipper project is on hold until the group resumes again in the middle of January.

Over the weekend Mark and I went to see another Christmas fair which the knitting ladies were talking about before.."it was the biggest and the best" Sorry... still not impressed and will not feel the need to explore any of these next year. We then drove to investigate a furniture store. It was nice and would love to purchase some things but getting them home again would be a big issue that we felt just wouldn't be worth it. Sunday we walked around Yu Gardens again to browse the stores. It was really cold here this weekend. In the upper 30's to 40's...reminded us of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment