Sunday, October 23, 2011

Another weekend...

On Saturday we walked around a few places just to continue to explore different parts of the city. We first went to a new restaurant to try to have some lunch but they only served brunch all day long
on the weekends. Kinda weird but we stayed and had some French toast and Eggs Benedict.

Then we walked around Xiantiandi, which is a European shopping area in the French Concession area. From there we went back to the YuYuan Garden area and walked around. I bought a Mahjong tile set there. A nice Chinese guy came up to us and started talking and took us up to the 4th floor of the Garden area to show us a great view. It was nice, he also showed us a area to have tea and buy pearls. I know a cheaper place to buy pearls so we didn't buy anything else there. We saw the line for the best dumplings around and I bet there were about 40 people waiting in the line. The pictures will show you as they are being made. Same as the class I took the other day but theirs actually looked really nice. Mine were globs.

Sunday we spent a big part of the day trying to figure out a Christmas trip with our kids. We are pretty close to getting it all figured out. I am excited about it as long as I don't look at the price tag that goes with it. But I can not wait to see the kids!!!! Then we went for a nice long walk. The weather this weekend was so great. We walked to Jingan Temple area and home again. Then we had Tacos for dinner. Found the same seasoning and everything. I included a picture of the Cheetos I found. So disappointing...I'm not sure what they taste like. More false advertising, they aren't even orange.

Great news! The mail service does work. We got mail from home since Sara had to mail Mark something for work the good middle child included chocolate! A little bit of heaven:)






No comments:

Post a Comment