Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Let's do lunch

Today I was invited to go shopping and have lunch. I had my driver drop me off at our designated meeting spot and off we went. I went with a lady from Belgium, Malaysia and two women from Singapore. They all speak English but still have to listen very carefully to understand what they are saying at times. We went to a huge complex where made in China comes to mind. You could get anything at this place. From fabrics to rugs to clothes to dishes, you name it and I'm sure they had it. They made everything there. People were sewing curtains, making blinds for windows etc. It really was overwhelming. Prices were good and you have to negotiate there. My new friends helped me buy a beautiful lace handmade table runner. I got it for about 1/3 of the price they were asking. I'd love to go back and spend more time...but I would need a negotiator with me.

Then we went to one of the ladies huge apartment for lunch. They own it and it was 2 stories  and just beautiful. She has 2 full time ayies (maids) and while we were shopping they were busy making us lunch. It was Indonesian food as one of her ayies just came back from there. So much food. A couple of fish dishes, and yes one was a whole fish (looking at me again) and so many others. Then we ended up with 4 different desserts and homemade ice cream. A couple of different wines and I went home stuffed.

I could get used to this...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see that you are getting out meeting people and seeing the sights. Your place looks nice- the wood floor is so shiny! I'm sure you will get used to eyes peeking at you and eventually will cut those heads off so you can eat. It all sounds interesting and fun. Take care!

    ReplyDelete