Friday, September 30, 2011
Chinese Holiday
Saturday is the start of a National Chinese Holiday which is the first 3 days of October. When we try to find out more about this holiday all we are told is that it is like our 4th of July holiday, but no fireworks. They save those loud things for the Chinese New Year. Basically it is a time for the Chinese to travel back to their families. Mark has the whole week off from work for this holiday and a lot of expats travel during this time also. Mark has to work next Saturday and Sunday to make up for this time off. Probably wouldn't fly in the US, but this is the China way. I am told I will never see as many Chinese as during this week, I can't even imagine because everywhere is already so crowded. We are planning on doing some sight seeing this coming week and playing tourists. I'll keep you updated:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment