Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Rylee
Okay, I know...what does Rylee have to do with China. Nothing...well maybe the cute outfits that she is wearing were made in China, so there is a link. Sara is her main caregiver while we are away and as you can see she is having fun dressing her up. I miss my little Rylee. She is always so happy to see you, never crabby and always loves to snuggle. She wouldn't survive very well here in Shanghai. Rylee would not have liked the 24 hours of traveling to get here and then she would have been quarantined for a couple of weeks. After all of that she probably would need some kind of doggy therapy. Plus there is not much grass and dogs are not allowed in the Parks. People around here do have dogs, and they do dress them up also. Dogs are not always on a leash, and seem more then happy "to go" anywhere on the sidewalks. Owners do not pick up the droppings, but there are plenty of street cleaners that evidently will come by to sweep up the remants. On our walks I spend a lot of time watching where I'm walking to avoid both human and animal puddles and piles. They are also known here to eat dogs, and have been doing that for thousands of years. There was a recent article about how some animal rights groups are trying to rescue dogs and change the habit of having them for dinner. I'm thinking this might be happening more outside of the city, but I can't be sure of this as I usually can't read the menu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment