Friday, August 19, 2011

Jessica's coming home

Jessica is coming home to St. Paul to see us one last time before we leave for China. I really don't want to think about it that way because it is making me pretty sad. I hope she is able to come and visit us when she is on her Christmas break from SDSU. When it takes 18+ hours to fly there it does take a chunk of time...so any quick weekend trips would be out of the question. We are staying home this weekend to get things done around here and find some fun places to go out to eat. I was kinda feeling overwhelmed with the language thing this week so I cancelled 2 of my classes, probably not a good idea but they move so fast and I haven't been getting any review time. Mark had 2 classes this week and seems to be going with the flow better then I. We went to the 3M company picnic this week at Tartan Park. I met Mark's replacement who is from Korea and his US boss who is from China. We didn't try out any Mandarin with them. This week we went upstairs and had drinks with our new neighbors, Pat and Susan. We were very excited to meet them and are sad that we are leaving for 2 years so we won't get to see them much and get to know them better. Maybe we can talk them into visiting us in China. We also had some old Andover neighbors stop by on their bikes to say Hi...too bad we weren't home at the time. Not that they are old, just they had left Andover to move to the St. Paul area a few years ago. I only have 3 days left to work before I begin my early retirement...not that I'm counting or anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment