Thursday, August 25, 2011
Day one of cultural training
Mark and I had a full day of cultural training today. We have one more day of training after our week long trip to China. It was interesting, mostly had us thinking about the cultural differences and keeping an open mind. We have our way of doing things which we tend to think as the only way to do them but as we will soon find out the China culture has their way and we need to keep remembering that. He really encouraged me to keep that open mind when it comes to food. To try that rat, or dog or eat ants etc. I'll try my best. I don't want to offend anyone when it is offered to me so I'll have to "clear my mind"and try to swallow without gagging. I was also informed that any entries I send from my blog or emails will probably be monitored so I need to keep that in mind and not get political etc. He told us we would be really tired for about 6 months as we will feel overwhelmed with everything around us. That being immersed in a culture like that is more draining then we can imagine.We found out today that will have to delay our trip by one day as there was a delay with 3M human resources getting our visas organized. A very expensive delay on their part. About a thousand dollars to change our tickets to Saturday. Ouch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment