Mark was asked if working/moving to Shanghai might be something that he was interested in. During that same week we had sold our house, (after having it on the market for over 2 years) looked and bought a condo and I started my brand new job with Allina at Aspen Clinic in St. Paul. So my first reaction was that he was totally kidding. Guess not!
This evening Mark and I meet with a 3M global mobility program specialist. We are trying to find out the rules involved with this China assignment. It seems like information is getting to us slowly and I'd like to be more prepared and organized for this whole China experience. Mark found out that they have been talking about him and this assignment since January.He didn't hear anything about it until now. So evidently lots of politics involved in this process. Nothing is completely final yet...so do we act like we are going or not? We thought a blog would be a good idea to keep everyone in the loop as much as they want, plus it will help us put together a "memory" type book of our experience. We hope to include lots of pictures as we go and lots of details. We are very excited about this 2 year experience but are nervous as well. We just need details to set the plan in motion.
Yeah a blog! I'm so excited :) can't wait to follow your adventure! We will miss you while your gone!
ReplyDelete